My Rotten Children

My Rotten Children
Zac and Abby

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Disney Nut.......I Think So!!!!

I'm kid free today thanks to my mother-in-law so a blog written two days in a row.......a miracle. I feel compelled to write about my love of anything Disney. I know still a kid at heart and I cant help it :) I had always loved the movies and the Disney store and such as a kid. My dream was to visit Disney World one day and see the castle. The dream came true when Brad and I got married in 2002. We spent our honeymoon at Disneyworld.



I got to see the castle and we stayed at The Polynesian Resort. You could see the castle from our hotel and we spent many nights watching the fireworks from the seven seas lagoon beach. The Polynesian was the most beautiful resort I had ever stayed at. I loved all the bamboo and little tikki men statues that were everywhere. This resort will always hold a special place in my heart and I believe we will always stay there on our Disney vacations.While we were there we went to every theme park but the Animal Kingdom....not by choice we just ran out of days. Brad promised me we would go back and the Animal Kingdom would be our fist stop.

Fast forward to January 2009......our second trip to Disney World. By this time we had been blessed with our little boy Zachary. He was 11 months old when we went. Since we needed help along the way with this trip my mom was wonderful enough to accompany us on our journey. Zach was wonderful on the plane ride because he slept the entire flight. We took a cheap 15 dollar stroller with us (best 15 dollars ever spent) and made our way to Disney.



Zach was such a trooper the entire time.....really the best baby ever!! He took many naps in that cheap Wal-Mart stroller. We arrived at our hotel........yes the Polynesian again. The place was a beautiful as I remembered from 2002, maybe more this time since my mom and my son was there with us. The first evening we were there my mom offered to watch Zach while Brad and I went to one of the theme parks. Guess where we went first........The Animal Kingdom? NO....the magic Kingdom!! A girls got to make sure the castle is still there....and the resort is right next to it. We did go to the Animal Kingdom the next day. We also was able to realize what all we missed not going there on our first trip. This trip we went to all the parks except for the water parks. It was a little bit to cold to go swimming in January. However, Brad did go boating....go figure.


Tree of Life at The Animal Kingdom


 Mom and Brad

Hollywood Studios

Brad at Epcot

Brad went Boating
Me in front of my castle




My thought were on Disney World today because: 1) My daughter is 16 months old now and has never been. 2) Our 10 year anniversay is coming up next year and we are going back. I'm going to try to convince my husband that it would be such a wonderful expereince to renew our wedding vows at Disney. Everyone please wish me luck on this because I will need it. I guess it will be ok if we dont renew our vows there because at least my whole family will be going. I love the disney motto that all dreams can come true. I dont expect my kids to be disney nuts like me, but it would be nice if they remember their dreams can come true and it dont hurt every once in a while to still feel young at heart (even when they are my age).

Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
                                                                            - Walt Disney

1 comment:

  1. Awe, I had no idea that you guys honeymooned there. Im still waiting to go. One day I suppose. I wish you luck in renewing your vows there especially with your entire family, that would be amazing! Im so happy that your dreams have and continue to come true :-)

    PTL God Bless

    ReplyDelete